Comunidad para retrogamers y coleccionistas de videojuegos en Uruguay

Articulo Aleatorio

Lo Nuevo

PS3 now 70% cheaper to make

Inicio Foros Start Game: English Start-Game International General & Retro Gaming PS3 now 70% cheaper to make

• Este debate está vacío.
Viendo 2 entradas - de la 1 a la 2 (de un total de 2)
  • Autor
    Entradas
    z_killemall
    Superadministrador

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ps3-now-70-per-cent-cheaper-to-make

The manufacturing costs of PlayStation 3 have dropped by 70 per cent, according to Sony CEO Nobuyuki Oneda.

He was speaking during a conference call, as reported by TVG.

«The cost reduction since we introduced the PS3 is very substantial and this is on schedule,» Oneda told investors.

«We don’t disclose how much of the PlayStation 3, specifically the cost deduction, was achieved during the past two years. But that is on schedule.»

When pressed further on how much the cost has come down Oneda replied, «About 70 per cent, roughly speaking.»

Sony’s never said exactly how much it costs to make a PS3. However, back when the console launched estimates put the price of manufacturing each machine at $800 / £485. In January last year, reports indicated the cost had fallen by 50 per cent to reach $400 / £243.

GamesIndustry.biz’s own Carol Vorderman calculates that a further 70 per cent drop would put the current cost at $240 / £146 per unit.

Hopefully this will give the PS3 the price cut everyone’s waiting for…

jhonsadins
    Participante

Now I can see how Blu-ray (i.e., Sony) so craftily out-maneuvered the HD-DVD camp; they just took massive short-term losses to ensnare us all in the long-term. I wonder if they are yet even breaking even in the technology.

Viendo 2 entradas - de la 1 a la 2 (de un total de 2)
  • El foro ‘General & Retro Gaming’ está cerrado y no se permiten nuevos debates ni respuestas.

UA-27417712-1