Comunidad para retrogamers y coleccionistas de videojuegos en Uruguay

Articulo Aleatorio

Lo Nuevo

Perfect Dark 64 ported to XBLA

Inicio Foros Start Game: English Start-Game International General & Retro Gaming Perfect Dark 64 ported to XBLA

• Este debate está vacío.
Viendo 5 entradas - de la 1 a la 5 (de un total de 5)
  • Autor
    Entradas
    Tchoin
    Superadministrador

Quoted from IGN:

Perfect Dark XBLA Gets Updated Features

Watch Joanna move across your TV screen ‘silkier’ than ever before.

by Ryan Geddes
    June 8, 2009 – Rare’s original Perfect Dark is one of console gamers’ favorite first-person shooters, and the title is scheduled to make its way to the Xbox Live Arcade this winter in downloadable form. But according to the XBLA version’s information page on Xbox.com, there are some big changes in store.

As we reported during last week’s Electronic Entertainment Expo, Perfect Dark XBLA will run in high-definition 1080p (a measure of vertical resolution – it means it will look pretty). The original game ran in standard definition, so the visual boost should be quite significant. The XBLA version will also add cooperative play to the campaign, but we’re not quite sure how that will be implemented just yet.

And finally, the game’s framerate will be bumped to 60 frames per second, a much-needed upgrade that Microsoft promises will make Perfect Dark run «silkier…than ever before.» We like the sound of that. Although Rare created the original game for the Nintendo 64, the company isn’t credited as the developer on Microsoft’s Perfect Dark XBLA web page. That distinction belongs to 4J Studios, a Dundee, Scotland, developer that ported Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion to the PS3.

That made me almost fall from my chair…

Dang I’d better fix my 360 before this release.

Anyone else excited about this? If they added online play to the port it’d be fucking awesome.

Tchoin
    Superadministrador

@Tchoin wrote:

Dang I’d better fix my 360 before this release.

Well, guess that won’t be happening anytime soon :banghead:

Anyway, pictures of the upcoming Perfect Dark XBLA (courtesy of IGN.com):

jhonsadins
    Participante

Hi..
    I would like to say something about the game is Perfect Dark is a first-person shooter video game developed by Rare and originally released for the Nintendo 64 in 2000. It is considered the spiritual successor to Rare’s earlier first-person shooter GoldenEye 007, with which it shares many gameplay features. Perfect Dark was first released in Canada and the United States in May 2000, where it was greeted with critical acclaim; PAL and NTSC-J releases followed soon afterwards.

Tchoin
    Superadministrador

Thanks for adding that info, Perfect Dark was (and still is, and will be!) my favorite console FPS. Too bad the N64 suffered a bit with the game, specially in multiplayer or split-screen action. Back at the time I heard stories of people overclocking their N64s to improve (just a bit) framerate on Perfect Dark, dunno if this actually work or not though.

I got a new 360 a couple of months ago, but still haven’t purchased this game at LIVE. Have you tried it out? The online must kick-ass!

Tchoin
    Superadministrador

Still haven’t bought this one 🙁

But downloaded the demo though, looks quite nice!

Viendo 5 entradas - de la 1 a la 5 (de un total de 5)
  • El foro ‘General & Retro Gaming’ está cerrado y no se permiten nuevos debates ni respuestas.

UA-27417712-1